Ben Needhan Kos 24,7, 1991

Selviämättä jääneet katoamistapaukset
will

Re: Ben Needhan Kos 24,7, 1991

Post by will »

Niinpä. Mopon ääni häipyi ja Benin ääni myös.
Siis: Ehkä juoksi perään ja jäi jossain auton alle.
Tämä kerrotaan nyt, kun tavaroista on löytynyt vereksi sopivia jälkiä.
härkä

Post by härkä »

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... en-needham

In 1990, Christine's sister treated the family to their first foreign holiday - on the Greek island of Kos. Christine fell in love with the island and with life in the sun. At the end of that year, the Needhams sold everything, bought an old Land Rover and a caravan, and set off to live on Kos with their two sons, Danny, then 11, and Stephen, 17. Kerry stayed in Sheffield, where she had moved with Simon, missing her family and hating their dingy flat. Simon worked away from home and she was often alone. Eventually, in April 1991, she and Ben, then 18 months old, went to join them. She had never even been to London, let alone on a plane or to a foreign country.

On Kos, Kerry blossomed. She lived in a bedsit, shared the care of Ben with her mother and found work at a hotel serving snacks around the pool. She felt justified in leaving Simon behind. Kerry told me that Simon left when she was five months pregnant. "I had no money, living on bread and jam, no life whatsoever," she said. He didn't come back until Ben was born.

Christine, who had been working with Kerry at the hotel, gave up her job to take care of Ben. Kerry upgraded from the bedsit to a small holiday flat and Ben stayed with her or the rest of the family in the caravan which was parked in an olive grove in an area called Paradisi, near the beach, about 10 minutes' walk from Kos town.

Eddie and Stephen had found work renovating a small farmhouse a couple of miles outside the town in a hilly area known as Herakles. The owner had told them that if they did it up, the Needhams could live in the house rent-free, in return for looking after it when he was away.

On 24 July, Christine, Eddie, Danny, Stephen and the owner of the house, Michaelis Kypreos, were in the farmhouse eating lunch. Ben was playing on the terrace just outside the door. He was running in and out, pouring water over his head and messing about with a stick. They could see through the open door on to the terrace where Ben was playing. There was a tree on which they'd hung his wet shorts.

At about two-thirty, Stephen left on his moped to go for a swim, a beer and a shower at Kerry's flat. Ben wanted to go with him; he'd been on the bike before, and now he wanted to go with his uncle. A few minutes after Stephen left, Christine registered that Ben had gone quiet and went outside. He was nowhere to be seen. She, Eddie, Danny and Michaelis Kypreos searched up and down the lane, in the field by the house, in a nearby orange grove, calling for him, looking anywhere he could conceivably be. When they couldn't find him, they assumed he must have gone with Stephen; it was the logical explanation. They thought Stephen had taken Ben for a ride and would bring him back.

About an hour later, thinking Stephen had gone to the caravan instead of coming back to the farmhouse, or had gone to Kerry's flat, Christine walked back to Paradisi, while Eddie, Danny and Kypreos stayed working on the roof.

In the early evening Eddie went to the caravan expecting to find Ben with Christine. He wasn't, so Eddie went to Kerry's flat, thinking he'd be there. Stephen was there, but without Ben. Eddie raced back to the caravan to tell Christine and then went back to Herakles in the Land Rover. Stephen took Christine to the police on his bike and then joined his father. It was several hours since Ben had vanished by the time the police took Christine to the hotel to tell Kerry what had happened. Kerry had finished her shift and was sitting by the swimming pool when her mother arrived, sobbing, to tell her Ben had disappeared.

Needhameilla oli Land-Rover ja sen perässä asuntovaunu. Olivat asuneet rannalla Paradisi kylän kohdalla. Eddie ja Stephen olivat tehneet diilin katoamistalon kunnostamisesta ja saivat vastineeksi asua siinä.
Linkki kertoo Stephenin lähdöstä mopolla ja Eddien etsinnästä rannasta ja Kerryn työpaikasta , hotellista. Stephen oli ollut siellä , kuten Kerrykin.

Kerryn veljien mukaantulo tähän antaa katoamiselle uutta ulottuvuutta - tavallaan.
Sitä ihmettelen , ettei muu media aiemmin ole tuosta uutisoinut.
https://www.kosinfo.gr/beaches/paradise-beach
Paradisi beach info.
Vainajan kysymys - Vain ajan kysymys.
härkä

Post by härkä »

Ehkä on niin, että alkuun , vuonna 1991 esille tullut uutisoitiin oikein.
Kun mm. M Mc Cann katosi ja tämäkin tapaus nousi uudelleen esiin , eivät monet toimittajat kerranneet vanhaa ?
1991 ei ollut nettiä , eikä oikein vielä kännyköitäkään. Uutisointi oli erilaista.

Tuota taustaa ajatellen on mahdollista , että eräät mediat ovat "oikaisseet " ja olennainen on " unohtunut "
Eivätkä asianomaiset ole välittäneet sitä oikaista ?
Minäkin sentään kohtalaisen paljon nätä Needham juttuja hain ja luin.
Nuo Guardianin jutut ovat muutaman vuoden takaisia. Niissähän ei ole päiväystä.
will

Post by will »

Juttu on kirjoitettu 18 vuotta katoamisen jälkeen, mahdollisesti 2009.

Lintu vienyt Benin, koska hän katosi kuin tuhka tuuleen?

Kuvituskuva Wikistä. Ko kotkankatseista, rengastamatonta lintua ei epäillä mistään erityisestä. On kuitenkin joksenkin varmasti lajilleen ominaisesti tappanut ja syönyt koko joukon kanssaeläimiään tuon kuvan ottamiseen mennessä. Lajia esiintyy harvakseltaan Kreikan saaristossa ja Vähän Aasian rannikolla.
PinkCatz

Post by PinkCatz »

Tuosta kotkasta tulee mieleen tapaus Sallasta 50-luvulta. Epäiltiin että maakotka olisi napannut n. 2 vuotiaan tytön talon pihalta kun tyttö hävisi kuin tuhka tuuleen. Veljen sanoman mukaan iso lintu olisi vienyt tytön.. Jutusta on ketju naapuripalstalla.

Lähetetty minun SM-J510FN laitteesta Tapatalkilla
"Tits are for fucking, not for breastfeeding" -Rose West-
härkä

Post by härkä »

http://gawker.com/5970005/an-eagle-real ... by-in-1901

"Tony Giovanni, two years old, was seized and carried off by an immense gray eagle to-day while the child was in the yard of his home in a Denver suburb. The child's screams brought his father and two other men to the door in time to see the bird and child disappear over the bluff of the Platte river.
The men gave chase and saw the eagle alight on small island covered with underbrush, half a mile from the child's home. When the men arrived at the island, the bird attempted to rise with the boy, but his clothing caught in a brush, and the eagle, seeing the men close at hand, dropped his prey and flew away. The boy is not badly hurt."

So there you have it. Eagles: hating small children since at least 1901.

Samana vuonna kun Ben katosi , tuli tasavuosia täyteen tuosta Denverin kotkan tempusta.

Noita Paradisi nimisiä paikkoja on Kosilla kaksi.
Toinen katoamiskylän Iraklisin alapuolella oleva ranta. Toinen taas saaren luoteiskulmassa , josta aiempi linkkini.
Kummassa asuntovaunu sitten oli , ei ole mainintaa. Arvaisin sen olleen siinä Kosin keskustaa lähempänä olevalla rannalla , jonka lähellä Kerryn tyäpaikkahotellikin oli /on.
Toiseen paikkaan on hankala matka , ajatellen es. töissäkäyntiä ilman autoa tms.
härkä

Post by härkä »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr ... -interview

I have thousands of words of interviews with Eddie, Chris and Kerry, and a lot with Danny and Stephen, material gathered over the years. I have known them through breakdowns, splits, disasters and upheavals. Some might think I have been too close for objectivity, too partisan. But when I have heard accusations against them, I have checked them out. I was told by a woman on Kos that they sold Ben; they neglected him; Kerry was an unfit mother; they lived like hippies and Gypsies; they pretended to be poor but had a lot of money and two houses. Had there been any evidence for these rumours and I had ignored it, my affection for them would have been seen as compromising my integrity. The family were at first prime suspects and interrogated for hours by the police in Kos. In 1996, the police showed me the Needham file. There was no evidence lending credibility to the gossip, although there was a statement made against Kerry by someone she thought of as a friend, saying she had been with him the night Ben vanished. I asked her about it. She was with her family searching all night – she had alibis proving what he said was a lie. Why he did that remains a mystery. Three years ago I was writing about the family for Granta magazine. A British journalist told me he believed Stephen had accidentally killed Ben on his motorbike that day, and Chris had hidden his body. I challenged Chris. She asked me with bitter humour if I could see her doing that and lying for 19 years to her daughter, her husband, the world, herself. I couldn't and there wasn't any evidence against her.

Ote linkistä.
Perhettä arvostellaan tuossa suhteellisen jyrkästi. Jopa vihjataan kauppaan mustalaisten kanssa , sekä mopo - onnettomuuteen.
Joka tapaksessa perhe on ilmeisesti ollut myös epäilyksen alla ? Jos oikein tulkitsen ?
Tierä sitten hänestä ?
Palm Beach nimisiä hotellejakin näytttäsi olevan saarella kaksi. Jotta olisi tuplasti vaikeampaa. 8-)
will

Post by will »

Mitä pieni poika tekisi, ellei pääsisi mopoajelulle ja olisi jo kyllästynyt kasteleman itseään?
Hän voisi etsiä jonkin luolan tai kivijalan kolon ja ryömiä sinne, ensin omaksi paikakseen, sitten katselupaikaksi, kun häntä etsitään.
Tien toisella puolella on raunioita, ja koko kylä lienee ollut asutettu Itä-Rooman valtakaudella. Maanalaisia raunioita voi myös olla.
Miksi hän ei olisi tullut sieltä pois?
Ehkä kolo sortui tai kolon varsinainen asukas ei päästänyt.

Kreikan villieläimiä:
http://australianherpetology.com/kos%20 ... nsW6jVRRB8
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mammals_of_Greece
https://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/d ... 91515.html
härkä

Post by härkä »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09 ... -ben-need/

Ajatellen kotkateoriaa.
Kuvassa Ben scootterin päällä.. Kuva on vissiin viimeinen hänestä otettu ja mopo on ilmeisesti sama peli..
Jonka kyydissä Ben oli jo aiemmin ollut ja jonka kyytiin olisi Stephenin mukaan pyrkinyt ?
Voiko kuva auttaa arvioinnissa kotkateorian suhteen ?
will

Post by will »

Voisiko sopivasti nutusta nostamalla salvata hengen, niin ettei avunhuutoa pääse ulos?
Tai ilmarinta, jos kotka ottaa kiinni.